COLLEGE OF DAIRY TECHNOLOGY,
WARUD (PUSAD) .
Associate Dean Desk’s
Er. A. B. Kadu
Associate Dean / Dean Faculty of D.T.
The Government of Maharashtra, in 1992, sanctioned and established the college of Dairy Technology at Warud (Pusad), Dist Yavatmal under the Jurisdiction of Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Akola, with an initial intake capacity of 32 students.
The Course curriculum modified by Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi (ICAR) is adopted for B. Tech (Dairy Technology) degree course, which is spread over eight semesters (4 Year) including 4 months intensive training in Dairy Plant Operations and 1 month in food processing units. The major disciplines in the Course include: Dairy Technology, Dairy Engineering, Dairy Chemistry, Dairy Microbiology, Dairy Management, Extension and Economics and Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics.
The admission is open to the candidates who complete the HSC (Science) Examination in 10+2 pattern with Mathematics with minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English together for open category and 40% marks in above subjects in case of reserved category candidate. Admission is given as per the State Government and ICAR rules. On the establishment of Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University, Nagpur in December, 2000, this college became its Constituent college under the Faculty of Dairy Technology.
• To provide Education in the field of Dairy Technology in co-ordination with different disciplines, milk procurement / processing schemes within the state and outside, examine and confer degree, diplomas, certificate and relevant academic distinctions.
• To promote and modernize the post production activities in milk preservation, modes of packaging and storage.
• To improve rural / tribal economy by promoting entrepreneurs in Dairying business.
• To render services for training and demonstration to the milk producers/ processors.
• To guide and assist milk processors for the improvement of operations and proper energy utilization.
• To undertake research schemes to facilitate the industry and up gradation of rural population involved in Dairying practices.
• To generate revenue by providing consultancy services to private/ co-operative sectors and industries.
• Faculty has completed sixteen years imparting education & training.
POTENTIAL CAREER PATH FOR STUDENTS :
• The intake capacity is 32 students per year.
• 47 courses in six disciplines and 2 Inplant trainings.
• Deals primarily with the post-production activities related to milk.
• 400 students have successfully completed their B. Tech.
• Placement of the students after successfully completing the degree programme.
• Private & Cooperative Sector
• Research & Development
• Govt. & Banking Sector
• Civil Services
• Self – Entrepreneurship
• Management Services
College of Dairy Technology
Warud (Pusad), Distt. Yavatmal
Phone No: (07233) 247268, 248696;,
Fax (07233) 247268